Guest Post by Marrie from www.dirtyinpublic.com
Granted men are much less of a mystery to women than women are to men. Men typically speak very plainly and honestly, except when trying to get you to sleep with them, then all bets are off. It isn’t that men are inarticulate oafs, they just speak plainly and lack the ability to candy coat their words like women do so effortlessly. Where men get into trouble is when they try to communicate to a woman, like a woman. Men do this because most men have learned early that if they speak to a woman like a man, straight-from-the-hip, they can expect swift and painful consequences. Most women know the truth about what a man means, we just prefer that the truth not be served raw on a verbal silver platter. For the most part, there is very little variance between what men say and what they really mean; however, there are times when things communicated by a man get lost in translation.
- I’m hungry = I’m hungry
- Maybe = Yes, if I get sex tonight
- We need to talk = I’m breaking up with you
- I’m tired = I’m tired but can still have sex
- I’m sorry = Can we still have sex?
- You know, you’re right = I still think I’m right but I want to have sex later
- Nice dress = Nice ass/cleavage, can we have sex?
- I am bored = Do you want to have sex?
- May I have this dance = I want to have sex with you
- Can I call you sometime = I want to have sex with you
- Do you want to go to a movie = I want to have sex with you
- Can I take you out to dinner sometime = I want to have sex with you
- I love you = I want to have sex with you…now
- I put new tires on your car = I love you